Thursday, May 3, 2012

It's OFFICIAL!

Today was the day, besides it being my first "AA" show, it was the day I have been having nightmares about for weeks...weeks spent Googling possibilities of what 'could' happen...and asking everyone I know with 'honies' that got made ponies "tricks" on how they did it...and after riding my pony for TWO whole hours- WE DID IT! Okay, so maybe I didn't do it but I now officially own a 14.2h pony :] I can't thank my trainer and the steward enough for being as patient as they were. They spent a great amount of time working with Bryce until he was as relaxed as he could possibly get and I am thankful for that. I pray that he forgives me for riding him as long as I did. If only he knew how much better his life will be as an actually pony, he would thank me :]

We tested the .85 jumpers today and after our ride yesterday, I was a little worried BUT we are switching over!!! It was a little rough to begin with. Since he has been in such a firm hunter training program for almost a year, it was a little hard for him to do the opposite- such as gallop and cut turns. We only did two classes and by the 2nd jump off, he seemed to definitely be enjoying himself. I think if we now turn his training to strictly jumper, he is going to be a powerhouse.

Sorry its blurry. Its from my phone.
The craziest thing about the show today was the testers. They were EVERYWHERE! I have seen testers at shows but never like this. I bet they tested 60% of the horses and unfortunately, Bryce was the first lucky contender. YIPPEE....not. I don't have any thing to worry about but still, they just stress everyone at. I kinda feel bad because they were all super nice but they are like debt collectors and parking enforcers- everyone hates them but they are just trying to do their job, they don't mean to cause harm.

So all-in-all...SUCCESSFUL 3rd show! I can't wait to start jumper training :]

1 comment: