Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm back! With good news!

It has been way too long since I last posted. I can't believe it has been since January.. oops :[ LOTS has happened and lots of good stuff!
 I finally got Bryce's papers. He is a little older than we thought...and hoped... BUT I am going to try to not sulk on that issue and assume an old pony with minimal show experience is better than a broken one. I shouldn't even use the word 'old'. Horses his age still sell for $100,000+ (which blows my mind). His breeder was very nice with the process. He kept saying he did not remember "Jr" but one of his workers did and she mentioned how he was "a feisty one". Well, nothings changed there!! He filled me on how his sire "Hit Man" was one of the top APHA stallions back in the day (around the 70's). I spent forever on Google  trying to find more information on him and this was the only picture I could find.

We have gone to two local shows and Bryce was awesome at both! He still showed us he is a little green and needs a few more shows under his belt. He needs ZERO prep!! He can be pulled right off the trailer, head in the ring, and not peep at one jump. His only major fault was he forgot his changes for some reason. It is frustrating but besides that one issue, he is a rock star! He was always in the ribbons and even held his weight in the flat classes against all big horses. At our show last weekend, he got Reserve Champion in the Open Hunter division.
Now comes some stress- next week we are going to a "AA" show to get Bryce measured as a pony. He currently stands a little over the 14.2 max pony height. I keep having nightmares about it but my trainer promises he will measure. This is a HUGE factor when it comes time to sell him. He needs to be a pony. We are also going to try the jumpers at this show, which I am superrrrr excited about. I <3 the jumpers! So, we will see how it all goes! Here he is from today in all his new jumper gear :] 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your show!! And good luck at the AA show... I've got my fingers crossed he measures pony size!

    I have an APHA online membership, so I was snooping around for pictures and information on Bryce's sire for you. The picture they have online for him is a cute baby picture, but there isn't a photo of Bryce's dam unfortunately.

    Hit Man was born in 1979 and passed away in 2006. He has points in halter, trail, and western pleasure... a total of 248, with two ROMs, two superiors, and he won a champion title in 1983. It looks like he sired about 217 foals.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome! Yeh, he said he was an awesome horse. Do they have any baby pictures of Bryce? The pic they sent on his papers is the one I sent in to verify him. I would love to see him as a baby.

      Delete
    2. The only picture I found of Bryce is the one you probably sent in. I was expecting to see the one he was originally registered with, but it shows a much older picture of him.

      Delete
    3. Well they must have some picture because I had to send new ones in to verify who he was...hmm I wonder how to get it.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure they have it in a database somewhere... you could always email or call them and ask if they have it. I've emailed them many times and they're always prompt and super nice. I'm sure if they have it they'll send you a copy.

    ReplyDelete