Monday, July 16, 2012

Go big!

We just got back from Auburn Summer "A" and the first day was just funky...every horse was in a funk. I don't blame them. The show facility is fine but its not the best. It is actually at the same barn where we boarded when we live there. Interesting to go back there. They fixed the jumper ring footing *praise the Lord* and they took out a whole foot in the schooling ring yet it was still so deep that I couldn't ride Bry in it!!!

On Thursday, the day of funk, was fine. The jumper courses made absolutely no sense and so that didn't help. We ended up 3rd out of 5th in the .95 jumpers.
On Saturday WE WON! Our first REAL 1m jumper class!!! At all of our past shows we just did the training jumper classes but this was a real Table 2b (course of 10 jumps then a jump off). There were 5 horses. We did have the back rail of the last jump but I think just because he knew it was the last jump and I rode him a little lazy to it. BUT that means we were cruising! To have a rail and still beat 4 other horses! I was like a little kid again who won her first blue ribbon. I am still SO happy :] My little pony is growing up.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! He has made so much progress... are you sure you want to sell him? :) Do you have many more shows this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I still want to sell him but I am not in as big as a hurry :] We might go to another show in two weeks...maybe.

    ReplyDelete