Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The time has come...

Since I bought Bryce a year ago, we went from a western trail pony to a super star jumper pony. In the beginning he had only jumped around a few times at 2'3, he didn't know how to frame up, he had no clue what a lead change was, and he had to be told what to do and "carried" around a course. Now he can carry my butt around, if I make a mistake he just keeps going, he has perfect lead changes (YES, perfect..he did them perfect today!!), could win ANY dressage show ;) and he jumps around 3'3" jumper and hunter courses like a PRO.

So the time has come....to do what I have always intended to do....

Bryce- Sale ad

This breaks my heart because each day (especially recently) I realize what a special pony I have. Our bond is nothing like any other I have had with any of my other horses. He nickers to me when I pull into the barn drive way and any time I walk by his stall. He is just special. I wish I could have that one "forever pony" like all of my friends have but I know financially now and even later, that just isn't possible.

I want a kid to have the bond with Bryce that I have. I fall in love watching little kids pack around courses, riding bareback with friends, and bathing and grazing their ponies. I want THAT for Bryce....he is ready and I am ready.

I have worked my butt off for over a year for this time to come. Its hard to do but I have accomplished everything I wanted and more with Bryce.

3 comments:

  1. ? I don't understand? Why can't you keep Bryce and continue to enjoy him? I know I missed the start of the blog, but surely you can squeeze enough spare change to keep the heart horse?? : O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're able to find him a really good home. You've definitely done a nice job with his training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Sand- I bought him about a year ago to train him then sell him. I got him kid ready. It breaks my heart and I tear up thinking about it but I don't have money. I work for my board and shows. Also, I want to do the big stuff....and keep buying, training, and selling. He is the most special horse Ive ever had so he will always have a place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete