Thursday, November 10, 2011

Speechless.

Yeup. Speechless. Astounded. Moved. Shocked. And absolutely amazed at my pony.
I have only had about four lessons since we moved. JCurt has ridden Bryce two times for me. Those six rides and small hacks in between have led me to realize I have a superstar. I bought Bryce because I saw his potential and it is starting to shine. His attitude about life took a complete 360. He went from being sour all the time and not wanting to work to nickering to me when I pull up to the barn, chasing me around the paddocks, attempting to put the bit in his mouth before I even have the complete figure-8 undone. We decided that we would take it very slow because the whole injury really terrified Bryce and me but after a month, it was as if nothing ever happened! He trots off my leg, frames up with slight to none hand contact (all leg!), and even tried so so hard to do some lead changes, and slowly adding in a jump and a line of cavalettis. 



Hard to see but Kylee got a pony ride!

This past Monday we jumped around a little course. Our first course since April! He was more than I could have asked him to be. Here is a video!
                                 Jumping course.


Bryce has adjusted to show barn life like I would have hoped...well maybe even a little too much! He LOVES his stall and the care he receives. He is sassy but willing and we are both loving every minute of it.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! I can't see your video though and I am logged in to fb. Maybe it's not public?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :] I just made it public. I forgot it was on private.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look great together. !!

    ReplyDelete