Thursday, November 10, 2011

Life is unexpected.

August

The very first day of August I received some news that I would no longer be able to attend Auburn due to some family issues. I was most devastated that I couldn't stay until after football season, as I soon learned that I only really cared about school because of football..well and maybe a few other things :] My true passion was hair and finally I get to move home and pursue my dream of cosmetology. 
Dealing with the barn in Auburn was extremely difficult after my 30 day notice was given. They did not follow their word or my contract. I worked off my board but as soon I gave my notice they decided my "work" was not efficient enough to count towards anything. They locked Bryce in his paddock and told me they would sell him if I did not pay up. Long arguments led to nothing but dead ends. I wanted my horse so I paid and left. I would love to trash them and their business ethics but I will be the bigger person and let them do whatever they want- I've never been so glad to leave a barn.
 Due to my finances, the hunt for a place in Ga for Bryce was a challenge. Since I left for college, if I had a horse I had to find my own way to pay. Well, part time jobs can't pay the bills + a horse so I have always worked. I was a little afraid to get into all that again because of the way I was treated in Auburn but I had no choice. I think I messaged about 45 people on Facebook, trying my absolute hardest to find somewhere. 
About three days before I had to move Bryce, I decided I would email an old trainer. I had only trained with her one time at a show. I was skeptic because I didn't really know her. I had been out at her barn a small number of times only because my previous trainer started training at her barn. My previous trainer told me to message her because you never know. She was the last person I also ever expected to help. I could've cried when I got her response- "Yes! Bring him over whenever!" That was it...those few words and it was set. Bryce had a new and wonderful new home!! 

Ready to go!!


The barn is absolutely amazing. The trainer (I will call JCurt) is BEYOND amazing. She can sit on any horse and have a flawless ride. At first, I felt like I would stick out like a sore thumb. I was coming to a barn filled with $45,000+ eq. and hunter horses and here I was with my almost free, ex-western, barely trained pony. 

When Bryce got there, the barn was full of people lessoning. Bryce hopped out of the trailer as if he owned the place.
    I bathed him and instantly began to see the changes in him.



 

3 comments:

  1. Jesus, what a horrible situation with your old barn! I would be frustrated and angry and a complete mess! Glad that is a thing of your past...isn't it wonderful to know great, kind, generous horse people. I also completely work off my board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a rough two weeks. I am SO happy to be gone from that place. And yes, it is good to know there are still some kind hearted and caring people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Bryce will be happy at the new place. It sounds like a really crappy situation at your old barn.

    ReplyDelete